Sunday, March 28, 2010

Interval with Madonna


Sunday is my day of rest. Physically. Mentally I'm thinking of the purpose of my blog. Proving that a woman at about Madonna's age can still become an amazing athlete. (Could I change my birthdate to 05/25/MADONNA?) Amazing might be not the right word. My best run so far was a 10 k on Thanksgiving Day - the Turkey Trot at Simons Rock. I didn't come in last because the woman in front of me had to pee half a mile before the finish line. When I told my friend he almost peed his pants because he thought that was a joke. Well, it was not. My pace was 10:17 and I've never topped that afterwards. That IS funny, I know.
So, I want to become stronger, faster and it wouldn't hurt if my abs will look great. I'll eat three meals per day, train 2 days in the studio, run 4 days wherever my legs will carry me and I'm going to hide my scale although I doubt Madonna would do that. But I trust my friend Sue who is so strong that even my teenage son highly respects her. Which could give me another reason for running... FOLLOW ME!

Song of the day: Just Breathe - Pearl Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment