Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ready, SET, and go...


Okay, I got my heart rate monitor today. Arcadian Shop in Lenox. Sue told me I had to get one. She is my personal trainer at Lenox Fitness Center. Since last Friday. Never had one before. She also suggested I should get rid of my scale. Hmm. Have to think about that one. Feels like abandoning a friend... However, I'm aiming for a Half Marathon on Memorial Day. Can you imagine? A marathon in Lenox? The guy at the Arcadian Shop was enthusiastic: " and it is a qualifier for Boston!" Right, exactly what I was looking for - ha, ha... But still, pretty cool, uh??? So, I'm planning on getting ready for half of the fun which seems still A LOT - more than 10 miles! Running in the dark, the rain, the cold, the heat, rarely in a cornfield, rather in muddy Kennedy Park, chased by dogs of all sizes... Did I mention I'm scared of big dogs? Well, that would be another blog, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment