Friday, April 2, 2010

GO ULTIMATE

30 minutes on the treadmill, 400 yards more this time. 2.33 miles. Felt good! Progress, slowly but surely(?). Well, it can only get better and it is actually fun. That is amazing! Don't recall ever having had fun with physical exercise. It was HORRIBLE in my teenage years! 100 yard dashes and I'd come in with the shortest and fattest girl or - even worse!- laps!!! The boys watching it... Every time I changed schools the PE teacher would get excited: I looked like the quintessential track and field student. Only that I was NOT!!! When I was in college I did judo but even then we had to do some lap runs for warm up. I thought the coach was cute and was thrown back when he mentioned that I might always come in last but nonetheless was the first one he could HEAR coming... Yeah, great... the trampling elephant. So, listen: it is never to late to start. What else is out there? Skateboarding, ultimate frisbee, curling... More ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment