Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rain and Rock and Roll

Pouring rain outside. A good time to try to get onto the treadmill for my daily run. Like Sue suggested but I resisted. Because I like it outside. 3 miles on the treadmill, 5.0 - 5.2 pace. How did I ever ran 10:21 minutes per mile in a 10k??? "When you run with other people you'll get faster...", said the guy in the Arcadian Shop to me. Hmm. Usually, I run with other people for about one mile and after that everybody is gone. Far ahead of me. I didn't tell him that when I officially signed up for the run. Go to the Arcadian Shop and you'll get a $10 rebate. Considering certain humiliating feelings while punching in my age and my anticipated finish time in front of the sales guy, I'm not quite sure whether it was worth it...
Apropos humiliation. I haven't talked about my scale for awhile. It's still around and it is safe to say that I've gained four pounds so far. All muscles??? I definitely look more toned, (I want to believe!), but that constant weight gain while exercising like I never did before is weird. Or scary. Or both. Jeanet advised to have six small meals per day. I'm afraid she didn't mean a package of Oreos or a bucket of ice cream or a large cheese pizza... I guess one needs a personal trainer AND a personal cook. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment